New Beginnings Enterprises, Inc. CDDO is a Community Developmental Disability Organization (CDDO). As a result of the DD Reform Act, CDDO’s were established to assist individuals with coordinating and accessing supports and services, and enforcing the rights of persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) in the State of Kansas. New Beginnings Enterprises CDDO contracts with Kansas Department on Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) and is the single point of entry for I/DD services in Chautauqua, Elk, Greenwood and Wilson counties. There are currently 27 CDDO’s in Kansas, each of which are assigned a particular county or counties.
CDDO’s responsibilities include:
- Act as a single point of entry for people seeking developmental disability services
- Determining eligibility for supports, services and funding
- Work with applicants or guardians to choose from an array of local service options
- Ensuring equal access to services
- Coordinating a Community Council
- Affiliate with Community Service Providers (CSPs) who provide direct services to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Oversee quality assurance of services provided by affiliate Community Service Providers
- Annually informing individuals of available services, provider options and their rights
It is the mission of New Beginnings Enterprises CDDO to assure quality, dignity, and choice to persons having an Intellectual or Developmental Disability.